Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Created and Modified Field went missing

I was working on moving documents between document library. I used SharePoint's "Mange Content and Structure" to do the migration. The migration was successful and everything looked fine.

We had created a custom WebPart functionality  to fetch documents based on various metadata. It was also dependent on "Created" date. I found this broken after the move. The error was "Created Field not found" but it was visible in the document library. Only thing was during the API call to SharePoint from our custom code, the created field and its value was not being returned to our code and neither the field was being fetched using the tool "U2U CAML builder".

I found the day saver solution on Microsoft Technet. I just had to open the following page and press OK button.

http://[SiteURL]/_layouts/fldedit.aspx?field=Created.

Bingo! Everything seemed to work as before. The modified fields was also missing. I did the same for modified field. Now the Created and Modified field were also being returned in the datatable of the List Items.

5 comments:

pateketu said...

Awesome, that tricked worked for me,

pateketu said...

Awesome that worked

mojoriesen said...

Thanks for the post. I read through the TechNet article and it worked for my Modified field issues. Now I also have a Created By issue, but I can't find the proper URL to edit it. Any ideas?

Rizwan Ansari said...

This URL should work for you http://[SiteURL]/_layouts/fldedit.aspx?field=_Author. If this does not work then remove the underscore from Author and try again.

Smartrider said...

Thanks .. it worked for me.